HPKComposer version 2.2 ( June 2000)
Download the 2.2 zip file, and follow the instructions given below.
As recent Csound opcodes are used, it is
highly recommended to use the latest version
of Csound. Don't forget to customize your
environment for Csound (particulary the CSSTRNGS
variable which is new in the latest versions).
The HPKComposer documentation for version
2.2 is here, and the installation instructions are online.
- score oscillator generator corrected and
enhanced with user defined curve
- waveshaping module enhanced in HPKSynthe
- scanned synthesis module in Modular software
- major new VRML97 generation capabilities
- 8 Transform nodes, controlling up to 16 objects
- ElevationGrid node support, mathematical
curves are used for generated the
- support of mathematical curves in Interpolators
- Directional light support
- mathematicaly generated IndexfaceSet
- mathematicaly generated IndexLineSet
HPKComposer version 2.1 ( April
The 2.1 zip file is still online as HPKComposer 2.2 is not
able to read 2.1 files . Instructions for
installing it as the same as those of
- the GUI is designed for 1024x768 screen resolution
- new software synthetizer Modular. Build your own synthetizer using modules
that can be connected together. These modules
are a large subset of the most high level
- new composition tool Mutli serial segments.
- randomizer, add random variation at the final
- new capabilities for VRML97 generation.
- text node
- Mutli geometry. Generate collection of elements
that can be individually modified.
- Animated textures Nodes. Geometry nodes where
the texture can be modifiied in
- texture transform evolution
HPKComposer version 2.0 ( 26 September 1999)
As files produced by version 2.0
cannot be read by version 2.1, here is the
2.0 zip file.
Before downloading the zip file, check
you have the following software:
Development Kit version 1.1.6 or later, or Java
Runtime Environment version 1.1.6 or later, and
the Java Foundation Classes, Swing components
version 1.1 beta 3. This is the minimum
the Java Development Kit version 1.2, that
includes the Swing components and lets the
installation of HPKComposer easier. I recommend
it If available on your platform.
compiler at 3.50 minimum level (see Tools).
All the Java
software can be found at the Javasoft site.
You will also
need an external sound player, your preferred one! If you
want to build 3D worlds, you also need a browser with a
VRML97 plug-in (see Tools).
After downloading the distribution file,
unpack it in a directory of your choice,
and follow the installation instructions
by browsing the file installation.html